Fuse came ready glued with all innards in place. Goes together very
quickly, and simply. Instructions are very clear (all pictures). Just
drop in two servos and connect.
Unfortunately, in my sample a few minor glitches arose:
pre-hinged elevator and rudder where hinged too close to the TE of the
stabs, preventing full movement. No problem, I just removed the hinge
tape, and re-hinged the surfaces.
of the rudder pushed against the fuse, preventing free movement. A little
touch of sanding paper and the rudder was free.
was that the elevator stab was not lined up properly. This became clear
when doing some glide tests. The Easy pitched up, stalled, and crashed,
no matter how much Tx input and trim was given. Some foam was cut away
from the fuse and the stab was fine.
All together maybe 30 minutes extra work.
Because I did not use standard sized servos, I had to make some adjustment
in the cockpit: I had to glue in two pieces of light-ply to screw in the
servos. And because I use lighter servos, I carved out some foam in the
nose to push the battery further forward, to keep the CG in place.
Another 20 minutes work.
To prevent slop in the control rods I put a small bead of epoxy in the
slit where the pushrods exit into the cockpit, and in the tail where the
rods come out of the fuse.
Seeing as this glider is meant for the absolute beginner, that was a bit
of a disappointment. Although anyone with half a brain would not go for
his/her first flight without some kind of experienced help. At first
throw all the above would come to light, and can be fixed in the field.
Ailerons where added, since we plan to do some aero tow experiments behind
the Multiplex Magister.